Regardless of the season, tea or “Chai” is the most important beverage in India!
Sipping a cup of piping hot tea early in the morning is like pressing on the “Start button”.
Every sip of the tea is relished!
Tea energizes and refreshes the mind, body and soul!
These days, there are various types of tea/ tea leaves, available in the market.
The best part about the tea is that each type of tea has abundant health benefits.
And tea is one of the easiest beverages to prepare at home.
Here is my list of 3 types of tea for you which, you can have in the morning, evening and at night.
1. Masala Chai – Morning Booster
The aroma of the “Masala Chai”, is like a wake-up call (alarm).
Sipping a piping hot cup of authentic “Indian Masala Chai”, made with aromatic spices and ginger, refreshes and brightens the morning.
The spices used in the masala tea are cardamom, black pepper, ginger, cloves and cinnamon.
Every manufacturer and tea connoisseur in India has its own trademark blend of ingredients for masala tea.
The spices used to prepare masala tea, not only elevate the taste and aroma of the “chai” but also has many health benefits. Hence, can prevent various kinds of illnesses and keep you healthy.
Benefits of Masala Chai:
1. Regulates Digestion:
Masala chai helps regulate the digestive system and keeps the gut healthy. Masala chai when prepared with ginger and black pepper helps produce digestive enzymes. These enzymes work as catalysts to speed up digestive processes and break down fats and proteins.
2. Gets rid of Aches
Ginger and Cloves have anti-inflammatory properties. These spices help in getting rid of severe pains. These spices help the oxygen-rich blood cells reach the areas with aches, reducing the effect of the symptoms.
3. Eases Nausea:
Ginger is a popular ingredient, known to ease nausea during pregnancy and also treat common ailments like cough and cold.
4. Boosts blood circulation:
The most common ingredient used in masala chai is Cinnamon. Cinnamon aids removal of bad cholesterol and blood pressure. This improves circulation and the overall functioning of the heart.
Recipe: – 2 cups of Masala Chai
- Heat 1 cup of water in a pot on medium-high heat.
- Crush the spices (cardamom, cinnamon, black pepper, ginger, cinnamon) with a “Khalbatta” (steel mortar with a pestle) or you can crush it in a grinder.
- Add these crushed spices to the boiling water.
- Grate a small piece of ginger directly into the boiling water.
- Add the 2 teaspoons of tea leaves.
- You can add sugar or jaggery as per your taste. You can add it this step or while serving.
- Add 1 cup of milk and stir it for a while.
- Let the tea boil on a medium flame.
- Once the tea comes to a boil, turn off the gas and strain the tea in a cup.
Enjoy your tasty and aromatic masala chai!
Check out my blog on 5 monsoon season snacks that go well with a cup of masala chai.
2. Green tea – Evening Booster
A cup of Green Tea is light and energizing.
In the evenings, our craving levels are at a high. Drinking a hot cup of Green tea, will not only overcome the craving but will also boost your energy levels.
Green tea has garnered a lot of attention health-wise and has become one of the most popular drinks around the world.
Green tea consumption has great health benefits:
1. Reduces cell damage
Green tea contains lots of catechins. These are natural antioxidants that help prevent cell damage and decreases inflammation. It also helps cleanse, heal and rejuvenate our body from within.
2. Boosts immunity
Green tea is loaded with antioxidants. Antioxidants like Flavonoids and Polyphenols help in boosting immunity. Another antioxidant – Theophylline helps in increasing the energy levels of the body. These antioxidants even protect us against flu and cough.
3. Soothes the body
Green tea also contains a compound called L-theanine. It promotes soothing of the body and the mind – which leads to – calmness and relaxation.
4. Reduces cravings
Green tea contains Epigallocatechin (EGCG). This helps increase the metabolic rate and also helps beat cravings. This is one of the reasons why nutritionists suggest a cup of Green tea.
Recipe: – 2 cups of Green Tea
- Take a saucepan and start heating 2 cups of water on a high flame.
- Once the water starts boiling, turn off the heat and add 2 teaspoons of green tea leaves.
- Strain this green tea into the cups.
- Add honey to taste (as a sweetener – optional)
Enjoy your Green tea – a cup full of health!
3. Ginger-Lemon tea – At Night – Sleep Booster
Lack of sleep has an overall negative impact on the body.
A balanced diet and regular exercise promote a good night’s sleep.
For a better quality sleep, choosing the right beverage plays a significant role too. Simple changes can make a big difference!
Ginger-lemon tea is the best bedtime beverage that helps you fall asleep easily, and get quality sleep.
It even stimulates fat burning process at night.
Drinking Ginger-Lemon tea benefits the body:
1. Increases metabolism
A hot cup of Ginger-Lemon tea before bedtime increases your metabolic rate and also works wonders for your immune system!
Lemon is a diuretic in nature. It helps in the removal of unwanted water weight. Lemon also makes your stomach to pull together when consumed, so your stomach is smaller for a while. Thus, aids the digestion process.
Lemon also helps in boosting your immunity levels and also improves your skin.
Ginger works as a detoxifier, this helps and improves the proper functioning of the digestive system of the body. Ginger also helps suppress your cravings.
4. Sleep booster – Effective stress reliever
Ginger-Lemon tea works as an effective stress reliever.
The strong fragrance, spicy and refreshing taste and calming properties of ginger and lemon, provides relief and relaxation to the mind and the body.
Lemon helps cure indigestion and anxiety, both of which can disturb your sleep. A stress-free mind can help get a good night’s sleep.
Recipe: – 2 cups of Ginger-Lemon Tea
1. In a vessel add 2 cups of water and heat it.
2. In the meantime, cut ginger into thin slices (1 tablespoon).
3. Squeeze the lemon – 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
4. Now add tea leaves, 1teaspoon, and let it boil.
5. Add the ginger slices and lemon juice into the hot boiling water.
6. Let this mixture boil for a few minutes.
7. Strain and pour the tea into your mugs.
8. Add honey as per taste (optional)
Enjoy the soothing and relaxing Ginger-Lemon tea!
Try out these 3 types of tea today and feel healthy and energetic.
Life is a cup of tea; it depends on how you want to make it.
Great article😁in fact, the perfect drink 😍for all seasons, events and sessions😘Chai ka koi time nahi hota
LikeLiked by 1 person
So true ….timeless !
Yes chai is a start button 👍👍
Having tea really makes us feel fresh and energetic…
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you Smita 🥰🙏