The skin is the most delicate and an important organ of our body.
Having soft, smooth, blemish-free glowing skin is everyone’s desire. Radiant- glowing skin is a sign of health and vitality.
In today’s busy life, we are immersed in hectic schedules, which leads to harmful eating habits and scarce sleep.
This makes the skin dry and unhealthy. Dark circles around the eyes make the skin look dark and uneven.
And the ever-increasing pollution, the skin is exposed to dust and smoke. This affects the supple skin and leads to acne, pimples and blemishes.
In such an environment, achieving flawless and picture-perfect, glowing skin has become hard.
But not an impossible task!
There is a wide range of beauty-related skincare products available in the market. But, nothing is better than the goodness and wholesomeness of natural products.
You would probably have everything you need to make these face packs at your home.
Prepare and apply some of these easy and beneficial face packs for your glowing skin, in the comfort of your home!
1. Gram flour (Besan) face pack
Gram flour or Besan is grounded chickpea.
Besan is that one main ingredient, which has been passed on from generation to generation. Besan solves almost all skin problems and is an inexpensive beauty treatment!
Gram flour has antimicrobial properties. This helps in cleansing, toning and moisturizing the skin. It also aids to remove tan and pigmentation and makes the skin smooth and supple. It rejuvenates the skin to give you a beautiful glowing skin.
Besan is low-cost and easily available.
Besan face pack for glowing skin
- Take 3 tablespoons of gram flour in a small bowl.
- Then add a few drops of lemon juice and milk or milk cream to make a smooth paste.
- You can even add 1 tablespoon of roughly grounded coffee powder. (optional)
- Apply this paste on the face. Let it dry completely.
- You can use rose water or normal water to rub out the dry paste.
- Wash your face with water and pat dry your skin with a towel.
- Observe the glow on your skin!
You can also use this pack for your whole body too!
2. Aloe vera face pack
Aloe vera is a well-known medicinal plant across the globe.
The Aloe vera plant is mostly grown in every Indian house because of its medicinal properties. It is an easier plant to grow as it doesn’t need much upkeep and grows through in all environments.
Aloe vera is consumed in the form of a juice and is also applied directly to the skin to reduce inflammation. Its cooling properties help soothe the cuts and burns.
Aloe vera is rich in vitamins and minerals and so is widely used in many skincare products. It is also used in hair oils to help with hair growth.
Using natural aloe vera from the plant leaf is very beneficial and effective. It cures all skin problems, and also makes the skin radiant and glowing.
Aloe vera works as a natural moisturizer on the skin, which helps soften and hydrate the skin.
Aloe vera has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties which help rejuvenate and refresh the skin. Hence it is used to cure freckles, blemishes and acne.
Aloe vera is a natural antioxidant. This helps guard the skin against sun damage. It also keeps the skin smooth and avoids fine lines and wrinkles to appear.
My Aloe vera face pack for glowing skin
- Take 5 tablespoons of aloe- vera gel in a bowl.
- (Take from the leaf directly or use the aloe-vera gel available in the market.)
- Add a pinch of turmeric powder.
- 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Mix it well. Apply the paste on the face.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Then wash your face with water.
- Apply this face pack, once a week, for radiant glowing skin.
3. Sandalwood (Chandan) face pack
The ingredient “Chandan”, or sandalwood, is mentioned in many ancient beauty books.
Sandalwood also has many medicinal properties.
It helps get rid of headaches to acne.
Sandalwood is one “magical ingredient” from the past that has definitely stood the test of time.
It has become a part of soap cases and various other skincare and body care products.
But the best way of using sandalwood is in its natural form. It is mostly used in powdered form for the skin. Sandalwood oil is used for both skin and hair.
Sandalwood’s fragrance brings back fond memories from childhood! It immediately induces a pleasant mood.
The cooling and soothing properties of the sandalwood, makes it the perfect ingredient for beauty products.
The advantages of sandalwood for skin are tremendous. It can heal rashes, dull skin and blemishes. It also helps delay skin wrinkles and fine lines. It is also used for tan – removal.
Sandalwood face pack for glowing skin
- Take 5 tablespoons of sandalwood powder in a bowl.
- Add a few drops of sandalwood oil to it. (Optional)
- Add 2 tablespoons of rose water.
- Then add milk so as to prepare an even paste. (add as per requirement)
- Apply this pack on your face.
- Let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with cool water.
- Applying this face pack, thrice a week, will give you the best results – Beautiful glowing skin!
Sandalwood even has a mythological story attached to it.
It is believed that when Goddess Parvati, was going for a bath ,she made a sculpture of a boy, with the help of her sandalwood bathing paste – This boy was named “Lord Ganesha”.
Check out my blog on Lord Ganesha Experience!
4. Multani mitti (Fuller’s earth) face pack
“Multani-mitti” or “fuller’s earth” has been known for curing many skin problems.
Skin problems like acne, pimples, dry skin and skin pigmentation can be cured by applying this marvellous ingredient – Multani-mitti.
Multani-mitti is even used for hair care!
Multani-mitti has absorbent properties that help control oily skin. It efficiently cleans oil and dirt, by absorbing excess oil from the pores, and washes impurities out from the skin.
Multani-mitti reduces the growth of acne, pimples and blackheads.
The cooling properties of Multani-mitti helps soothe the inflamed skin and makes the skin soft and supple.
Multani-mitti face pack for glowing skin
- In a bowl take 3 tablespoons of Multani-mitti.
- Add one tablespoon of rose water.
- Then add lemon juice to make a smooth paste. (as per requirement)
- Apply this paste on your face and let it dry for 15-20 minutes.
- Clean your face with water to remove the paste.
- Applying this face pack twice a week will give you the best effects.
5. Papaya face pack
Papaya is the most enjoyable fruit. It is juicy and delicious.
Papaya is great for your skin!
The nutritious enzymes present in papaya helps moisturize your skin. Potassium, a compound which is known for hydrating skin from within, is present in the papaya.
Papaya has exfoliating properties that helps get rid of dead skin cells. This also helps get rid of tan and pigmentation marks like acne, scars, dark circles and age spots.
The antioxidant and antimicrobial properties are present in the papaya.
The antioxidant properties fight with the free radicals that make the skin look older.
The antimicrobial properties help get rid of pimple-causing microbes.
Papaya face pack for glowing skin
- In a bowl, mash 5 small cubes of ripe papaya.
- Add the pulp of 1 tomato to the bowl.
- Mix it well to form a paste.
- Apply and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Clean your face with water and pat dry.
- Using this paste 3 times a week will make your skin soft and supple.
Our skin is the largest sense organ of the body and needs extra care as it is exposed to the environment.
The simple skin routine is – Cleansing, Exfoliating, Toning and Moisturizing.
Applying any of the above 5 face packs
will take care of all the skin routine steps.
And will also give you a soft, smooth, supple,
radiant and a glowing skin.