The month of May always brings back fond memories of my school days.
I would wait for the last school end bell to ring; I would run to my house with excitement for my “summer vacations”.
My birthday is in May, so I would plan for my birthday party.
My mother would always prepare a mango pulp and puris for my birthday, which I would relish.
She would prepare fruit juices after my evening playtime.
This made me make a list of 5 yummy fruit juices that will keep our bodies chill this summer.
- Mango provides us with a lot of health benefits and so is also known as the ‘king of the fruits’.
- Mango is a fibrous fruit and so is high in fibre.
- Mangoes provides essential minerals such as magnesium,
- Copper and potassium.
- Mangoes are also rich in Vitamin C, Vitamin B and Vitamin B6.
- So enjoy your mango simply by cutting it into pieces, or a pulp/ ras or a mango milkshake.
- · Watermelon is the best energizing summer fruit.
- · Staying hydrated in the summer is very important. Eating watermelon is the solution because it contains 90% water.
- · Watermelon contains natural sugars, so it is sweet to taste and satisfies my sweet tooth.
- · Watermelon also contains essential nutrients, like antioxidants, minerals and vitamins.
- · Enjoy your watermelon in the form of cut slices or a glass of watermelon juice. Stay hydrated!
- · Muskmelon is a sweet summer fruit and is also known as ‘sweet melon.’
- · Muskmelons contain high amounts of water. So eat a muskmelon every day to keep you hydrated.
- · Muskmelon juice is best for pregnant women because it has high folate content that helps in preventing water retention by eradicating excess sodium from the body.
- · Muskmelon is rich in vitamin C content, which helps in increasing your immunity.
- · Muskmelon also contains vitamin A, which helps keep the gut fit and healthy.
- · Enjoy your muskmelon in raw form (cut slices) or juice and keep yourself fresh and hydrated!
- Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is considered good for the heart.
- The fibres present in the lemon also helps protect the body from heart diseases.
- A glass of lemon juice in hot water helps reduce some weight.
- Lemon juice helps to cleanse the stomach and also cleans the digestive system.
- A refreshing cool lemonade drink will always keep you happy and rejuvenated.
- Papaya is sweet in taste and also very filling.
- Papaya is also a good source of Vitamin A, which looks after the immune system.
- Papayas are also rich in vitamin C and vitamin E.
- Papaya is high in fibre content and low in cholesterol level which helps reduce the risk of heart disease.
- The papaya fruit contains digestive enzymes that help in the proper functioning of the digestive system and also reduces inflammation.
- Enjoy your papaya in the form of cut slices or a papaya milkshake.
So, relish these 5 fruits this summer and keep yourself hydrated, fit and healthy.