My husband and I love nature. We love to find and explore comfy stays near Pune. While searching we came across “The Ark Wellness Retreat”.
The Ark Wellness Retreat is located in Taluka Mulshi, around an hour drive from Pune.
We reached the retreat/resort at around 1 PM. When we entered the gate, we felt like we are in amidst nature.
- The resort has a traditional architectural vibe to it, with new amenities.
- The entrance had a fort vibe, made up of big grey stones. The pillars carved with beautiful designs.
- When we enter the retreat gate, there is a beautiful swimming pool welcoming you.
- The architecture gives a very serene feel to the whole surrounding.
When we entered the retreat we were welcomed and we were led to our room.
We had booked a garden view room.
The room was nice and gave a calming feeling.
We kept our bags and decided to take a round of the retreat.
- Ark Wellness Retreat is surrounded by nature.
- At the entrance, there is a botanical/ herbal garden, with properly laid out lanes to wander into nature.
- Next to the botanical garden there a farming area and a big garden.
- Botanical Garden
- There is a botanical/herbal garden just opposite the entrance gate of the retreat.
- The herbal garden has boards stuck to the plants and trees, signifying their names and medicinal uses.
- The well laid lanes into this garden was informational and relaxing.
- Man-made pond
- They have a big dug up man-made pool/well, in the middle of the garden.
- The water of this pool/ well is used to maintain all the plants in the retreat.
- It is a brilliant idea to save water.
After a walk into the herbal garden and the pond area, I was very hungry. So we decided to have our lunch.
It was a simple and a delicious meal.
We decided to take a walk to their farming area (from where the ingredients of our food were taken.)
- Fresh food
- The retreat has a beautiful well-planted farming area.
- I could see some green and red chillies hanging from the plants.
- There are organic vegetables planted which are used in preparing food for the guests.
- The food is delicious and I could feel the freshness of the vegetables.
- Games area
- After visiting the farming area, we went to the games zone.
- We played some table tennis and some board games.
- It was fun!
When we came out of the gaming area, we saw bicycles. I had not cycled from a long time.
- Cycling through the lanes
- The lanes were well laid out for cycling.
- My husband and I decided to have a cycle race.
- As I had not cycled for a long time, I fell into the bushes.
- I fell into the grass area so wasn’t hurt. My husband though had a good laugh!
We were tired from all the cycling exercise and so decided to sit in the library.
- They have a nice peaceful library area.
- The Library is filled with kids’ books, storybooks, magazines and novels.
- They even have an art and craft area in the library, for your creative ideas.
My husband wanted to take a dip in the pool. So, he got into comfortable clothes and we headed towards the pool.
- Beautiful swimming pool
- The swimming pool is located at the entrance gate.
- The light blue tiles and circle designs made inside the pool adds to the relaxing vibes and the scenic beauty of the retreat.
- We had a dip in a pool in the evening to relax.
My husband had a spa booking. Due to covid, their female spa assistant was not available, so I didn’t take the spa treatment.
- The spa is situated in the corner of the retreat, giving it a calming atmosphere.
- They have a list of different spa treatments available.
- We got a discount on our spa treatment too.
While my husband was taking his spa treatment I roamed around the retreat.
After the treatment, we had our buffet dinner in the dining area of the retreat. The food was fresh and tasty.
The next day, we took our morning walk admiring nature.
Then we packed our bags and went to take our breakfast.
Our breakfast table was near a stream flowing near the edges of the retreat. It was a nice, relaxing and calming breakfast.
As we were heading out of the retreat, we were given a book, as a memory, written by Viraj Kulkarni, the owner of the Ark Wellness Retreat.
It was a nice read while enjoying the journey back home.
Small journeys, away from home, helps me relax and start my normal life with a refreshing zeal.